How to Play American Roulette
Guide to Playing American Roulette in India
Among the popular versions for roulette, rules for American roulette and European are most common. If you are new to learning the rules, it is best that you become familiar with these two versions. Roulette is a popular game at land-based casinos as well as online casino game in India, given the simplicity of the game design and most of the winning chances being more on luck than strategy.
Best Indian Casino 2020
History of the Game
As the name indicates, rules for American Roulette would work most for US casinos where this version is standard. It is also found in online portals which could be UK or Asian in origin. However European players tend to prefer the European roulette version.
The roulette wheel in American roulette has 38 divisions. Numbers are from 1 to 36 with 00 and 0 beings also present. The numbers till 36 are alternately colored in black or red. The single zero, as well as double zero, is usually in green.
You as a player will follow an objective of predicting which pocket the roulette ball will fall into. You can place a bet on a certain number and the dealer will then turn the roulette wheel in a certain direction and then spin the ball in the other side. If the number on which the bet was placed, the ball falls into that, and then you will get paid. 38 numbers are arranged all around the wheel with equal probability of the ball settling into any of the divisions.
Steps of the Game
Once you start with rules for American roulette the game proceeds in the following way:
- You will be asked to place the chips on a single bet or on bet combinations;
- The dealer will spin the roulette wheel;
- You have the option to place, moderate and even remove a bet before the wheel is spun;
- After dealer cuts off betting and starts to spin the wheel he calls out for all bets to cease;
- The ball falls in a number pocket on the wheel and dealer calls out the number;
- The number is then marked on the game table and once bets are won and paid out all losing bets are swept off;
- After that bets are asked for the next round;
Different Strategies to Win in Roulette
There are certain techniques you can follow in order to win at roulette:
- Martingale is the first technique which you can follow; as per this strategy, you can increase your bet in the consecutive rounds if you lose; it works best on outside bets such as black, red, odd, even, passé and manqué;
- The second strategy that you can refer to is a reverse martingale. Here you can increase bets as you start to win big;
- D’Alembert is the third strategy to consider. Here you need to bet in even odds. If you realize that you will have equal wins or losses in the game you can also rest assured that wins will come. There is a reverse to the D’Alembert approach as well;
- Another strategy that is also popular is the Fibonacci technique which can help you get wins continuously but needs to be executed well in order to prevent losses;
Even if you do not employ any strategy, knowing the bet is good enough to try your hand at rules for American roulette. Many online casinos powered by Playtech or Microgaming make this game popular.