Guide to Counting Cards in Blackjack
How to Count Cards in Blackjack Like a Pro
Once you know the blackjack game rules in and out, the next step is to, of course, implement the right strategies to ensure that you increase your odds of winning.
Though there are many tricks you can apply, the technique of “card counting” is very popular in bringing the house down.
If you’ve already been playing this game a lot, then this is the right time to learn how to count cards in blackjack and apply it when you play the next time.
So, let’s get started.
What is Card Counting in Blackjack?
|Card counting is a well-known technique used in Blackjack, where you keep track of the number of high & low cards that are left in the dealer’s deck.|
If you learn to count cards correctly, you can increase your bets (when you know that the odds are in your favour) to win big.
Card Counting Takes Skill
Card counting is extra skillset apart from your usual gameplay, to give you a good idea as to what is in the deck.
And let me also make it very clear that “Card Counting” is hard and isn’t as rewarding as you see them in movies or television shows.
If it was this easy to make money, undoubtedly, every player would be doing it.
Before you start counting cards you will need to be a pro player and know all the top blackjack strategies.
How does the Card Counting Technique Work?
As mentioned, the basic idea of card counting is more like a tracking system where you use your memory power to track what cards have been dealt in the blackjack game.
Since there are only a few cards dealt in every round, it’s possible for you to have an idea of what could be remaining in the deck and manage your strategy according to it.
Most counting systems will use -1, 0 and +1, which gives every card a value (in the deck). Basically,
- Cards from 2 to 6 are +1
- Cards 7, 8, 9 are 0 (or neutral)
- Aces and Face cards are -1
If you’ve been blessed with extremely high memory, you can mentally do these calculations:
- Mark each card that you see
- Note the cards after every hand
- Deduct the number of cards that’s remaining in the deck
- Deduct the cards that have been already dealt
After this deduction, you can easily tell when is the right time to bet low or high.
For example, if only smaller cards are being exposed for a while, then there’s a high chance that bigger will be revealed in the next hand. This also tells you that it might be the perfect time to bet high.
Can you Apply the Card Counting Strategy in Online Blackjack?
The answer is 100% yes or rather it depends on what version you are playing online. The card counting technique can be implemented while playing live blackjack online.
The biggest perk is that you get to count cards from the comfort of your home. So, this means you’re less likely to be caught.
|Keep your bankroll in mind: Yes, of course, you’ll have to watch the cards that are drawn, but it is equally crucial to keep an eye on how much cash you have to play with. Well, you definitely don’t want to make a sudden drastic move and run out of money.|
Get 100% Up To Rs.10,000 Welcome Bonus
- 250 Rupees min deposit!
- Pay & withdraw w. PayTM & G Pay
- Guaranteed fair play
- Friendly support in Indian languages
Claim Up to ₹20,000 on Sign Up
- Licensed by the government of Curacao
- Hundreds of slots from top providers
- Live Indian Casino Games
200% bonus up to ₹2 000
- Adventure-themed & gamification
- Welcome bonus to the tune of ₹50,000
- Plenty of games with instant play feature
- Attractive rewards for playing more
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹15,000 EXTRA to bet with!
- Fast withdrawals with Net Banking transfer
- Many casino games incl. Teen Patti & Andar Bahar
- Bet on real cricket games
- Trusted and licensed
100% Up to ₹60,000 Welcome Bonus
- PayTM & Google Pay through Net Banking.
- ₹200 minimum deposit.
- Huge global company.
- Regular auditing of the site by eCOGRA
Get up to ₹80,000 in Welcome Bonus
- Accepts INR
- 24/7 Live Chat
- Many promotions
- Casino & Sports app for iOS/Android
Double your first deposit up to ₹8,000!
- Visually appealing
- Holiday packages on VIP program
- 700+ slot games
100% up to Rs.10,000 + 50 free spins
- Accepts leading payment methods
- Slots, Live Casino & Sportsbook
- India focused; Accepts INR as currency
- Interesting theme with Captain Rizk