Guide to Counting Cards in Blackjack
How to Count Cards in Blackjack Like a Pro?
Once you know the blackjack game rules in and out, the next step is to, of course, implement the right strategies to ensure that you increase your odds of winning.
Though there are many tricks you can apply, the technique of “card counting” is very popular in bringing the house down. If you’ve already been playing this game a lot, then this is the right time to learn how to count cards in blackjack and apply it when you play the next time.
So, let’s get started.
What is Card Counting in Blackjack?
|Card counting is a well-known technique used in Blackjack, where you keep track of the number of high & low cards that are left in the dealer’s deck. If you learn to count cards correctly, you can increase your bets (when you know that the odds are in your favour) to win big.|
But keep in mind though, card counting isn’t for learning how to win at blackjack consistently, or maybe, a cheat sheet to blackjack.
No! It’s just an extra skillset apart from your usual gameplay, to give you a good idea as to what is in the deck.
And let me also make it very clear that “Card Counting” is hard and isn’t as rewarding as you see them in movies or television shows. If it was this easy to make money, undoubtedly, every player would be doing it.
Now, I’m not demotivating you from using this strategy. You can 100% use it but only when you’ve learnt the optimal blackjack strategy first.
And if you don’t know this basic trick yet, then trying the “card counting” technique is a really bad idea or perhaps highly ill-advised. So, you need to be strong at the basics before you can play the advanced. As simple as that!
How does the Card Counting Technique Work?
In order to count the cards properly in any online blackjack game, all you’ve to do is to keep running a tally depending on the cards’ (revealed) face value.
Learn how to count cards in blackjack in just 4 easy steps:
- Start assigning the cards a specific value, which could be +1 (cards from 2 to 6), 0 (cards from 7 to 9), or -1 (cards from 10 to Ace).
- With the values mentioned in the above step, have a count running in your mind whenever the dealer pulls out a card from the deck.
- Make sure to keep the count accurate whenever the cards are being dealt. This way, you can monitor the running value of the cards that are left in the deck.
- Then, after every round, if you find that your count is negative, just raise your bet size. When you do this, there’ll be more low-value cards left in the deck. However, if your count is positive, then just lower your bets.
You might be wondering how this creates an advantage against the casino? Let me tell you that if you are playing blackjack correctly, the house edge is about 0.5%.
But if you play correctly plus master the card counting technique, you’re actually playing with an advantage of 1% over the casino! It truly does pay off to start practicing.
Can you Apply the Card Counting Strategy in Online Blackjack?
The answer is 100% yes! The card counting technique can be easily implemented while playing online blackjack. The biggest perk is that you get to count cards from the comfort of your home. So, this means you’re less likely to be caught.
|Keep your bankroll in mind: Yes, of course, you’ll have to watch the cards that are drawn, but it is equally crucial to keep an eye on how much cash you have to play with. Well, you definitely don’t want to make a sudden drastic move and run out of money.|
And any day, if you decide to play with real money online, beware of those fake sites because not only do they use software to shuffle the cards each time you deal a new hand but also makes it very difficult for you to count cards.
To save your time and make things easier, I’ve listed the top legit casinos in India below. All you have to do is click on the “Play Now” button and start applying the strategy right away. Who knows you might win some decent money?
Get 100% Up To Rs.10,000 Welcome Bonus
- 250 Rupees min deposit!
- Pay & withdraw w. PayTM & G Pay
- Guaranteed fair play
- Friendly support in Indian languages
200% bonus up to ₹2 000
- Adventure-themed & gamification
- Welcome bonus to the tune of ₹50,000
- Plenty of games with instant play feature
- Attractive rewards for playing more
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹15,000 EXTRA to bet with!
- Fast withdrawals with Net Banking transfer
- Many casino games incl. Teen Patti & Andar Bahar
- Bet on real cricket games
- Trusted and licensed
100% Up to ₹60,000 Welcome Bonus
- PayTM & Google Pay through Net Banking.
- ₹200 minimum deposit.
- Huge global company.
- Regular auditing of the site by eCOGRA
Get up to ₹80,000 in Welcome Bonus
- Accepts INR
- 24/7 Live Chat
- Many promotions
- Casino & Sports app for iOS/Android
Claim Up to ₹20,000 on Sign Up
- Licensed by the government of Curacao
- Hundreds of slots from top providers
- Live Indian Casino Games
100% Up To ₹50,000
- Diverse collection of slots
- Unique welcome features
- Quick payouts (0-24h)
100% up to Rs.10,000 + 50 free spins
- Accepts leading payment methods
- Slots, Live Casino & Sportsbook
- India focused; Accepts INR as currency
- Interesting theme with Captain Rizk